We are currently hiring two part-time crew members to join our awesome 2021 farm team!
Fiddlehead is a small, certified Organic farm specializing in high quality produce. We grow over 200 varieties of mixed vegetables on 4 ½ acres and sell them through our booth at the Montavilla Farmers Market, a 75 member 30 week CSA, wholesale accounts, and a few restaurants. We are a small crew consisting of the two owner/managers Katie and Tayne, two full-time employees, two part-time employees, Sunday Farmers Market staff, and a few experienced volunteers. We strive to foster a positive environment with good communication, structure and organization.
Our part-time employees participate in many aspects of the farm including transplanting, weeding, harvest, wash/pack, irrigation, and all aspects of crop care.
- Starting wage $13/hour to start with raises every year worked with us, plus access to any of the many veggies we grow.
- April through December, plus potential for part-time Winter work
- Work days are 8 hours with the exception of July and August, which are 9 hours
- 2-3 days per week. There is an option for one of the days to be spent working the farmers market Sundays if qualified and interested.
These are some attributes that we are looking for in an applicant:
- At least 1 full season of farm experience on a production farm
- Detail oriented and able to meet our high standards, especially in harvest quality and consistency
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Can lift at least 50 lbs repeatedly
- Able to perform manual labor in harsh weather conditions
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Experienced at hoeing, particularly stirrup hoeing and hand hoeing
- Listens well and takes direction. Able to take constructive feedback from managers
- Able to take initiative but also knows when to ask questions when needed
- Has reliable transportation
- Can commit to a full season
If interested, please send a resume along with 3 references to Katie@fiddleheadfarmers.com.
Applicants will be reviewed, and if we feel you are a good fit, we will reach out for an interview.